Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Teaching English

One of the projects I started this year was a more formal English class. In the past, once a week those interested in practicing English all had lunch together and had an informal English class. This year, the request was to have a more formal class, divided into two, more basic and more advanced. So now, I dedicate the better part of my Wednesdays to teaching English. This post is a glimpse into a normal weekday for me.

This is the beginner group (depends on the week who comes to the class, this was a smaller group). During this class I was teaching adjectives. The activity they are working on is drawing 4 images: a self-portrait, a monster, a fruit, and a park. I told them it didn't mater how they drew any of the images, but they needed to use adjectives that corresponded to their drawing. Left to right in the photo: Olga, Yolanda, Claudia, Jorge, and Diana. 

Here is Jorge describing is drawings. We laughed so much this day with everyone's drawings. This has been a very fun project for me to be leading this year.