Wednesday, February 14, 2018

The Holy Spirit is Moving

As we begin Lent, we will start our 40-day photo challenge for the third year! The theme this year is around the ways we see the Holy Spirit moving: in our lives, in our communities, and in our churches.

One of the purposes of Lent is to be more intentional, to slow down, and to deepen our faith. This year we are inviting others to participate on the journey with us (in addition to you, our dear readers). We have invited members and pastors from all over IELCO to share a photo with us sharing how they see the Holy Spirit moving.

‘I have said these things to you while I am still with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything, and remind you of all that I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid. John 14:25-27. The Holy Spirit is active in this world, even amidst everything that makes us question it. We, as people of faith, have the work of discerning where the Holy Spirit is moving. We invite you to join us on this journey in Lent, where we discern and share how others have discerned the movement of the Holy Spirit.